Monday 27 September 2010

I can't keep up

I think winter has well and truly arrived today, it was so dark when I got up and it was dark really early this evening. I don't like the dark nights other than it's an excuse to knit!

Talking of knitting I spoke to Carol this afternoon and she has already knitting almost all of the black yarn I took over on Friday. She can knit faster than I can spin it and that's with Dave doing the carding bit too.

I am heading over to see Carol in the morning with more yarn, this time commercially spun supplies which should keep her going whilst I spin. I am also taking some more fleece for Dave to card who has almost finished, if not finished by now the Nefertiti he was working on. I decided to skirt Chiquita and Willow for him this time.

I really do need to train Paul up on a job, he can take his pick, knitting, spinning weaving or felting. Whilst he's laid up he could learn don't you think.

My mum and dad have arrived this evening, mum is going to help me with some husbandry jobs which need doing and two pairs of hands make toe nail trimming and injections so much easier.

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

I agree...he could help with one of the many...fleece processing requirements..!! its that time of year..for the husbandry jobs...!! Im hoping for an extra pair of hands soon !!........Jayne

oak haven alpacas said...

I have the same problem. I spin and spin and spin, but I can't keep up with the knitting. My husband does our knitting and he is forever waiting for me to finish a skein. He's knitting it before I have a chance to start the next skein.

I agree about the short days and longer nights. Dark in the morning and dark at night isn't as nice for farm work.

Cara

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with you Debbie. I don't know how Paul has got off with some of these jobs for so long. Has he no shame.......he has plenty to choose from and they are so relaxing.
Carol